So, I have a lot of little updates, and finally am bucking down and writing something – dammit!
- We are asking for your opinions on what you think is working and not working in all three of our artistic forums here. It is in our lj community, with screened comments, so only the staff will see what you have to say. You needn’t have an lj account, but that doesn’t really matter if you are hearing about it from here. It is vital that we hear from you, and I would like to thank those of you that have already submitted your comments. I can’t tell you how exciting that was for me to read.
- aoife_ife has launched a contest in JtC for all you proud
- Don’t forget about The Immy Book Club! Book recs are happening right now, and the poll will soon be up.
- And have I told you guys lately how I love the Immy staff? They rock, don’t they? I love you guys!!
- I am reading Wicked and have finally fallen into the groove of it. It is an interesting book, unlike anything I’ve read before, so I am enjoying it. I have to finish it before I move on to Eragon, which was selected as our next book club book with my friends here. I didn’t make it to book club because I was sick, but I hope to make it next time.
- Tonight we are going to Claim Jumpers for a birthday dinner. Happy Birthday Jane! I am pretty confident she won’t be reading this right now, so I will go ahead and tell you what I got her, but if you are reading this, Jane, I got her a Lightwedge Lumos Book Light. I love mine, and being both in book club, I thought she would really enjoy it. If you don’t know what that is, google it. You too will fall in love.
- kaptainsnot, aka HRB is having her first art show next month, and luckily, it won’t conflict with work. I was really scared that I was going to be working overnight that night, but I work it the day before, so that means that I will have the entire Saturday off after 8am!
- Speaking of work, I have to go in at 4:45 a.m. on Friday. Kill me now.
- Juan and I are thinking of taking up tennis. We’ll see how that goes. (eek!)
And the sundry:
Dude, I picked up the February issue of Popular Science, and I can’t believe I don’t have the subscription. I was giddy just leafing through it. There were some amazing things and cool articles. I wish I could link you but the Feb Issue isn’t up on their site yet.
- Hey you Londonites (or neighbors!). Next time you go to the London Aquarium, take a look at their cool Robot Carp! It swims around with the rest of the fishies and looks gorgeous!
- There is this new gadget that you literally point at the sky, look through, and it will identify what celestial body you are looking at. Couple that with a good telescope and you are set!
- They are starting this new form of racing that will make NASCAR look like a bunch of old ladies wheeling their carts around: Rocket Planes. Trust me, it looks cool. (And no, I am not a NASCAR fan)
Oh, and I couldn’t resist the icon. It cracks me up because I have always hated the fact that my name starts with “magical” but I wouldn’t want to get rid of it for fear of being called Obi. Thanks puckher!
ETA: How the hell did I miss taralrobertson‘s post about finding a Robbie Jarvis picture (as in young!James)?! Aside from it being a stupid picture, I dunno, this guy doesn’t seem to have much flavor. Looks like a fill-in type of guy. I dunno how I feel about this.